Established in 1980 by Cepel and accredited by the Brazilian National Institute of Metrology, Quality and Technology (Inmetro) in 1983, the Calibration Laboratory (CA1) is part of the Brazilian Calibration Network. It was one of the first accredited laboratories since the begining of Inmetro's activities.
Located in the Adrianópolis Unit, the main activity of CA1 is the calibration of instruments and systems used for generating and measuring electrical quantities (voltage, current, resistance, capacitance and power), time, frequency and temperature in Cepel's laboratories. The laboratory also provides services for other institutions and companies.
The laboratory's implementation of the quality management system based on ABNT Standard NBR ISO/IEC 17025 ensures its technical competence to provide an extensive list of services.
The equipment available in the laboratory comprises:
• Voltage and current calibrators
• Standard decade resistance box
• Oscilloscope calibrator
• Signal generators (frequency standard)
• Digital counter (frequency meter)
• Voltage, current and resistance meters
• Platinum resistance thermometers and calibration ovens
• Power calibrators
• Capacitance bridge and capacitance decade box
Adopted standards and/or procedures
•ABNT Standard NBR ISO/IEC 17025
• Cepel procedures approved by Inmetro